What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

How did you sleep last night?

Mad Hatter

I'm as crazy as a shithouse rat!

Sleep is important and affects us energy wise and head wise as well. I seem to go in cycles from good sleep to borderline insomnia. Last night was very good and I bagged 8 hours full sleep. Had dreams but they were not unpleasant and never had to get up to use the washroom.

How about you, did you sleep well last night?

I got 0 hours of sleep last night, in fact I didn't get rest either

stayed up watching family guy until around 12:30,, then when I did get in to bed, promptly threw up my meal from the night before and had pretty bad incontinence issues

by the time i'd cleaned up, put the wash on, showered, got a drink, it was like 4:00

so nope. nothing

I got about 4-5 hours of sleep with my c-pap... Which is the bare minimum, but at least it's the minimum and not below. (I say 4-5 because while I got 5 hours wearing it according to the machine, I know i was up for a while- it wasn't like I fell asleep immediately).

I got about 4-5 hours of sleep with my c-pap...
Turn on the t.v. and watch something *REALLY* boring like a Biden speech. That way you can get a nice nap in the afternnoon and recharge your body battery.

Last 2 nights have not slept great. Two nights ago bagged only 6 hours, last night about 6.5 hours. I woke up both nights due to a full bladder and had to get up because I needed to use the washroom.

I've got to make sure that I don't drink anything a couple of hours before I go to bed, maybe that will help.:dontknow:

just make sure to get used to going to the bathroom before you sleep.

Anyway, I've never been a great sleeper, and as I've gotten older, it seems to take more of a toll on me.
I joke about my sleep, calling it bird sleep because birds tend to sleep in short bursts. Well, mine might be longer than a bird's, but you get the idea:this:

My sleep has always been like this, and it hasn't improved with age. I can't remember the last time I had a solid 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It feels like it's been ages.

So every night feels like a rerun of the same old sleep sitcom for me!:D

I was up really late reading and chatting with friends (I played Stardew Valley until like 12:30AM with my buddy Aggy, then I was just in bed wide awake for 3 or 4 more hours...)
I woke up a couple hours after finally falling asleep with a horrible migraine.
Tried to sleep again... Woke up two hours later to dad asking if I was okay. Got him to get my migraine hat (it's basically just a cold pack that wraps around my head and covers my eyes) from the fridge... Wore that for like 3-4 hours to sleep. Finally woke up feeling adequate.

But to be fair, I also didn't wear my C-Pap last night because of a cut on my septum. So... Even if I slept at all, I probably wasn't breathing well. <- Sleep apnea is fun.

Slept in for a lazy Sunday!

Tired Happy Sunday GIF by Jessica Lau

I had to wake up at 2:15 a.m. to go to the bathroom but was able to fall back to sleep again quickly. I got 7 hours sleep in all so can't complain about that. Had a weird dream though, I dreamt that I was at a martial arts convention. :agg:( some of my dreams make no sense at all )

Last night was insanely rough. I couldn't fall asleep until like 5 or 6AM, and when I did, I kept having nightmares... Finally stopped trying after like four or five hours of regularly waking up with anxiety.

Slept just 6 hours then woke up because of a dream. Try as I might I couldn't fall back to sleep again so just got up. Daylight Savings Time coming up soon. Maybe that will improve my sleep going forward?

Not very good. Went to bed late and tossed and turned. Had my post-op today. Not the greatest of news.

Feel good this morning slept seven and a half hours. Had strange dreams but they were not unpleasant. Can't write about them as they were X-rated.

I managed to get about 3 hours of sleep, my usual routine. :LOL:
I woke up feeling a bit under the weather. It wasn't just because I didn't get enough sleep, but also because I was in pain and had to take some medicine

I managed to get about 3 hours of sleep, my usual routine. :LOL:
I woke up feeling a bit under the weather. It wasn't just because I didn't get enough sleep, but also because I was in pain and had to take some medicine
Why are you only getting 3 hours of sleep? I got 7.5 hours, didn't wake up once. Don't forget to set your clocks 1 hour ahead before you go to bed tonight.

Why are you only getting 3 hours of sleep? I got 7.5 hours, didn't wake up once. Don't forget to set your clocks 1 hour ahead before you go to bed tonight.
It's a long story why I only get this much sleep, but anyway, just a heads up that on Sunday, April 7th, we'll be switching the clocks back one hour. This is for where I am. :D

You're not originally from down under right? But have you got that awesome Aussie accent?:)
Yes, you're right. I'm not originally Australian, but I feel like I am. I've been living here for so long now. As for the accent, I'm not sure. Maybe I've picked up a little bit of it, I guess. Most people can't pinpoint a country with my accent they're usually left wondering

Pretty decent. Only woke up once.

I slept close to 8 hours, never woke up once. I wish all my nights were like that.

I slept well last night, better than the previous night. I can always tell when I have slept well as I wake thinking I have overslept and it turns out I still have a few hours left to sleep. Love that feeling.

Slept great. Didn't have to get up at 4:30am (off work)

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom