What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Hitchhikers

Would you give one a ride?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, never

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • depends on what they looked like

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Would you give one a ride?

I don't think I would no, you have to be so careful.

I have hitchhiked myself though, but that was over 10 years ago and I dont think I would nowadays.

Too much risk. I don't think I would.

One time on the way home from work I stopped by the liquor store to get a beer, I buy my stuff and when I came outside there was some guy standing out there by my car. He says Hey homie, how'd you like to make sum gas money? I said I would, but I have to be somewhere right now. (even though I didnt). He then tells me that he just got out of jail (which was down the street, so that makes sense) and he needed to get to the next town over. Long story short, I'm glad I didn't say yes.. He could have killed me or something and took my car, he gave off some bad vibes.

One time when I was a teenager, me and my friends picked up a hitchhiker. He was a harmless looking old man who just wanted a ride to the homeless shelter. Anyways he was completely out of his mind. On the way over to the shelter he offered us all high paying jobs in his corporation at one point. After that he was so happy to see his son, who was my friend in the back sitting next to him. After he just started making random sounds until we finally got there.

You're making my views on not picking up hitchhikers even stronger. I had a friend who hitchhiked around British Columbia, and her and her friend got raped by a truck driver. It's just not a safe thing to do-- both ways.

Ouch.. Thats not good. Especially if you are two girls all alone.

Yeah. They both got kicked out by both their moms. Don't want to go into detail, but hitchhiking is a dangerous thing.

Never have never will. Looks can be deceiving.

Never have, never will, too risky

I'd say no. You never know who you can trust these days...

Never picked up a hitchhiker & never will. Too risky for all the reasons stated above. I've seen forensics files, big no-no. A true story I heard once was from that show, an old man stopped and picked up a couple that were stranded because their car broke down. He was found dead in a ditch stabbed by a screw driver. Why? The couple stole his car. Most I would do is call the police for them, nothing more.

No. Sorry, but not even a woman; they can also be vicious. :p

Good lord, no. Do you want to get murdered? Because that's how you get murdered.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom