What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Happy Holidays- Why?

DirtRider

Green Team
Elite Member

Why do we feel that we have to be so PC that we now refer to Christmas as Happy Holidays and not Marry Christmas.

Christmas is a Christian celebration so why do we now feel that offending Christian by referring to it as Happy Holidays is ok just so we might appeas another non Christian group.

So to all you Christian here let me wish you a very Merry Christmas.

I say Merry Christmas. If I'm not sure or they have different traditions, I go with Happy Holidays.
I like to respect everyone's ways.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! :)

I say either depending who I'm talking to. I'm not religious, so I don't worry about the implications of them, they're just expressions.

Seeing that Christmas is a Christian Holiday, celebrating the Birth of Christ, Which is what it is all about anyway, other faiths have their own Holidays and religious holidays, So at Christmas time we should say Happy Christmas and it should not offend any Christian or those of other faiths. Just think about that for a while and see how "Happy Holidays" offends Christians. If you live in a Christian country then you should respect our holidays as we respect yours.

I say both, always have, but if people piss me off with their general unpleasantness they get NOTHING.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom