What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Graphic Software

Gargamel

Platinum Member
Elite Member

What are some graphic software or websites you enjoy using? I love Canva.

I am a big fan of GIMP, it does everything that I need. Krita is another great program aswell.

Now for graphic and web design resources... https://toolkit.addy.codes/tag/colour/ This site is awesome.

When I first started with graphic design, I used a modded version of Gimp called Gimp Shop. It was basically a remixed version of the original software meant to mimic certain functionalities of Photoshop. Nowadays, normal Gimp already implements those functionalities by default, so it has become outdated.

Now, I use a software called Affinity , which I consider a large improvement from Gimp. It does, however, cost a significant sum (I believe it was $50-something, which is still not as much as PhotoShop). It is very helpful with creating book covers (for those uninitiated, you have to adjust cover work for the spine and back, etc., so it can be a little bit of a chore).

Somebody else mentioned Canva. It is definitely on the lower end when it comes to customization and making certain tweaks like you would in a traditional graphic design software, but I will be damned if it isn't convenient and fast as hell to create a cool, interesting graphic for socials or situate text. The one issue I have with Affinity is that if I leave it on for a day or two and forget about it, it will freeze and force me to close it. With Canva, since it is a website, it doesn't have that issue. It has a limit on how large the image can be (which means it can edit my book covers to a final draft).

The softwares are awesome but $50+/mo is very costly for casual users.

It is. I was vlogging back in like 2014-2016 and I used it for Premiere Pro. Then I quit doing YouTube but never cancelled the monthly billing. I brought it up a couple times but my daughter said she still wanted it. Although I don't think she's really used it anyway.

But I did get accustomed to it when creating or editing images for my websites and communities. I'm planning on going back to YouTube (and podcasting) to try and support my new fledgling niche community, so I'll be making use of more of it soon.

I still use Photoshop, I keep trying to get away from it, but few can be on par with it and everyone seems to want to be as expensive as it anyway.

I am a gimp user.

I also have a nifty plug-in for screenshots on chrome / edge: https://gofullpage.com/

I paid the $12 for the pro version, I like the editing tools in there, easier than gimp (for editing screenshot purposes that is).

I love to use Photoshop for any graphic-related work. But if I need to get some simple work done like cropping, I choose MS Paint. It's much more easy and straightforward. Among the online ones, I just google & go ahead and use whatever is free. :p

I love to use Photoshop for any graphic-related work. But if I need to get some simple work done like cropping, I choose MS Paint. It's much more easy and straightforward. Among the online ones, I just google & go ahead and use whatever is free. :p

Cropping in MS Paint is a pain :p

Doing graphics is something I never got into, maybe I should have for the amount of sites I've done over the years. :)

Doing graphics is something I never got into, maybe I should have for the amount of sites I've done over the years. :)
*looks at @Jay's signature*
*looks at post I quoted*
.....thank makes sense.

.......................just kidding :p

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom