What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Feeling ‘wonder’ when looking at stars

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

People talk about feeling ‘wonder’ when they look up at the stars at night.

Do you feel this sense of wonder?

What is ‘wonder’?

Rainbow Love GIF

I feel a bit of awe, I suppose, at how vast space truly is and how many stars are out there, but the wonderment came more as a child. Wow, look at those, they're other places beyond our skies! I think of wonder almost as a sense of naivete.

I don't feel anything about it. I often have given it very little thought.

Do you feel this sense of wonder?
Yes, because it reminds me - among other things - of the majesty of God and the universe before us in all its' wonder and splendor.

The sky was clear tonight, saw a fair amount of them!

Stars Couple GIF

I live rural although we do have a bit of light pollution from a nearby city. However, I am able to view many stars as well as the Milky Way Galaxy. Winter I'm not able to view stars due to the weather but come warmer months, I'm outside as often as I can just gazing up in awe. I also have a telescope with a Go-To I love to use.

I live rural although we do have a bit of light pollution from a nearby city. However, I am able to view many stars as well as the Milky Way Galaxy. Winter I'm not able to view stars due to the weather but come warmer months, I'm outside as often as I can just gazing up in awe. I also have a telescope with a Go-To I love to use.

A telescope? Thats pretty cool. I should get one of those.

When I was not taking medication for my anxiety, I probably would've looked up into the sky and thought, "Jesus Christ, we are so small, floating on a rock revolving around a burning ball of gas and are just a speck in an infinite timeline," and then freak out. Now, I look up and it just makes me smile to think about those things.

Yes, because it reminds me - among other things - of the majesty of God and the universe before us in all its' wonder and splendor.
Continuing.... "Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.
" (Isaiah 40:26, NIV)

When I was not taking medication for my anxiety, I probably would've looked up into the sky and thought, "Jesus Christ, we are so small, floating on a rock revolving around a burning ball of gas and are just a speck in an infinite timeline," and then freak out. Now, I look up and it just makes me smile to think about those things.
Glad you got your anxiety problems under control! :hug:
They are worth it if you like stargazing. A Go-To is wonderful as once you align it for that day, it will find stars, nebulas, galaxies for you.
I should get one! :D

Glad you got your anxiety problems under control! :hug:
They're mostly under control. Mentally/emotionally I'm stable and have limited anxiety. Physically, my body is tense, I bounce my leg a lot, I usually have to remind myself to relax and take deep breaths. It's the weirdest thing. It's like my body is programmed to be anxious, but my mind isn't running at a million miles an hour.

They're mostly under control. Mentally/emotionally I'm stable and have limited anxiety. Physically, my body is tense, I bounce my leg a lot, I usually have to remind myself to relax and take deep breaths. It's the weirdest thing. It's like my body is programmed to be anxious, but my mind isn't running at a million miles an hour.
Hopefully your body will catch up with your brain eventually.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom