What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Excuse me, this isnt right!

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Do the people at restaurants (fast food or a sit down restaurant or whatever) ever get your order wrong? Do you usually have them fix it or do you just deal with it?

I've had it happen a few times - I normally just get them to fix it for me.

I always have them fix it but wonder if they are going to spit into it or something..
run.gif

If I go through a drive through at a fast food place, I usually wont bother to get back in the drive through again to have it fixed or park and go inside.

Whenever my family gets take out from Outback Steakhouse, the order will be slightly messed up - like a steak will be done wrong, a drink will be left out, etc. Nothing major, but it can be annoying.

I was at McDonald's one time and I asked for a McChicken burger. I got it, sat down to eat it, opened the box and hello, what's this? No chicken in the burger!!!!

Another time I went in and asked for a burger (don't remember which it was), got it, opened the box and the bloody burger is upside down with only half the cheese actually in the burger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M14URLa0ZcA lol this is a clip from Lethal Weapon 2 where they go up to the drive thru. XD

I never go through the drive thru either because of that reason because they always seem to screw you at the drive thru and you never leave a McDonalds without checking your bags or you going to wind up with stuff missing and they know that you aren't going to go back so they don't care.

One time I ordered a hamburger with nothing on it and they put mayonaise on it. They kindly took it back and cooked the mayonaise off.

Had it happen the other day at KFC. We called and informed them that they messed up our order, and they told us if we come down there to get the food, they'd throw in a couple extra desserts for free. So... We went down there and received the food we ordered plus dessert. Mad in the moment, but turned out to be a good deal.

Well not usually at sit down restaurants but fast food is notorious for that lol.

Would you say something if they messed up your order?
I would especially if what I got was something I don't like but I wouldn't be nasty about it. You get better results not being a jerk, I feel.

I would especially if what I got was something I don't like but I wouldn't be nasty about it. You get better results not being a jerk, I feel.
Yes, you catch more flies with honey.

This isn't a regular issue for me. If it does get messed up, I don't usually care enough to bother getting it corrected.

I almost always have them fix it, unless they give something I really like.

I have them fix it because they're going to give me what I paid for, lol.

Majority of the time, my order is correct. Pretty rarely will I have to ask for a refund or switch something if it's completely different than what I ordered.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom