What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Excuse me, darlin'

How do you feel about random strangers calling you pet names? (Honey, Hun, Babe, etc...)

• I like it and think it's sweet.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I like it and I do it too.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on what type of person says it.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It depends on what pet name the person uses.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I don't like it and find it kind of creepy.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don't think I've ever experienced that.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

How do you feel about random strangers calling you pet names? (Honey, Hun, Babe, etc...)

It depends on who says it. If some 60 year old man calls me Honey or Sweetie, then it's kinda creepy.

I hate those kind of names anyway, so when a stranger does it, it really gets on my nerves.

I don't like it and find it kind of creepy.

I like it and think it's sweet.

It depends on what type of person says it. If my mom, teacher, or family or whatever say it, it's okay I guess, but if a stranger calls me honey or baby, I'm freaked out and probably should call 911.
laugh.gif

I dont really care ^.^

Let them call me what they want to, doesnt matter to me.

MysticSky said:
I dont really care ^.^

Let them call me what they want to, doesnt matter to me.

highfive.gif
thats right sugar love muffin pie

I like it and I do it too XD Though I run across the random person that thinks I'm implying something on another level...... *runs*

So, I'm feeling like this poll was directed at me.....
blush.gif
tongue.gif

This is something I do all the time. It's mostly hon, though.....

Restaurants, gas stations, bank, grocery, Wal-mart...doesn't matter, thanks hon, have a good day--or something like that......

Princess said:
So, I'm feeling like this poll was directed at me.....
blush.gif
tongue.gif

This is something I do all the time. It's mostly hon, though.....

Restaurants, gas stations, bank, grocery, Wal-mart...doesn't matter, thanks hon, have a good day--or something like that......

Hope all is well hun.
hug.gif

I like it and I do it...I'm just used to it...we call it Southern hospitality.
tongue.gif

It's cute sometimes; except if it's someone who intuitively gives me the 'creeps'.

I said it depends on the person. One of the new employees we're training is an older woman and she called me sweetheart and I just about squee'd.

It kind of depends on the person/situation but for the most part I find it annoying.

Definitely depends on the circumstances as sometimes it can be used in a condescending way.

You don't have to go very far into the Confederate States of America to get "hon"ed.
This is true. Older women waitresses in their mid to late 40's have called me "honey" when waiting on me.

I'm okay with it. It is just a matter of how some people express themselves.

In today's world, many seem overly sensitive, but personally, I don't use that phrases. It's not a phrase that comes naturally to me, it might sound weird if I try it.
I've noticed older women than me frequently use it here.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom