What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Escaping The Ward (Based on an Arrow story of mine)

Flurry

Crisis Management
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

My brand of humor shines itself once more.

Escaping The Ward

Disclaimer: As always, I own nothing. This is a what if idea set during Oliver's time in the ward in my What If? Making The Call story. Some had wanted to see Oliver escape the ward instead of just staying there. And when highlander348 brought it up to me recently, he or (she?) got me to thinking about it and with how it was suggested being done gave me a Blues Brothers vibe. Enjoy!

Summary: Oliver tests his luck in making an escape attempt from the ward. What happens next is nothing like he thought would happen.
----
There was a frency of panicked activity at the ward Oliver had been staying at against his will. The reason for said panicked activity you ask? Well for one, Oliver Queen had managed to somehow be lucky enough to escape the ward with out much of an issue. Aside from a couple of knocked out guards anyway who were feeling pretty damned embarrassed that he'd gotten the upper hand on them. His therapists had also been called in and both weren't too happy about the situation either. And both were seriously not looking forward to being the one to call Moira Queen. Which is why they convinced the head of the ward to call her instead. The obvious tongue lashings he was getting made them very glad they managed to get him to do it instead of one of them. “Anna this should not have been possible with that arm of his like it is!” Veller told her for what may have been the 5th time.

Anna could only nod at the man's words again. “I know, I know. That and the meds he's on should have kept him from being able to do something like this! He needs to be found, and quickly! Before something bad likely happens!” Not many knew it, but Anna was something of a worrier, but with this happening. That was a very legitimate thing this time around!

Meanwhile at Tommy's...

Continued knocking at his door had woken up Tommy from a rather nice dream he'd been having about Laurel and a bowl of grapes. And whoever was doing it was about to get big ass chewing out once he opens the door. “Whoever you are, you have NO idea how unhappy I am with you waking me up! And.. Wait.. OLIVER!?” Oh yeah, his intended rant had done gone out the window at the sight of his best friend. A best friend dressed in something that looked like you might see in a crazy place or some such! He hoped his pal hadn't gone and got drunk again and met some nurse somewhere who induldged him in some role playing.

The man himself winced at the tone of his buddy's voice. “Yeeeaah.... Sorry Tommy but I seriously need a place to crash. Or at least a ride out of town!” Alrighty then, Tommy was officially worried now. Just what the hell happened!?

“Okay buddy, you need to have a seat, calm down, and tell me what happened.”

Surprisingly enough, Oliver did just that. What he told Tommy next shocked the Hell out of the Merlyn Scion. “YOUR MOTHER DID WHAT!?” He asked incredulously. Appalled that she would do something like that to her own son.

The formerly long lost Queen had to wince again at Tommy's booming voice. “Jeez buddy, tone it down a notch would ya? And yeah, she locked me up for my own supposed good.” Was his bitter response.

Tommy sat down heavily in a nearby chair. “Jesus Ollie, that's harsh.” He got a snort for that statement, but he got the feeling it was a snort of agreement.

Before anything else could be said however, the ringtone of Tommy's phone could be heard from his room. Running to grab it and seeing it was Laurel calling him made him sigh. As now was SO not a good time for a late night talk or whatever she might have in mind. “Laurel, now's really not a good time.” He told her once he answered her call.

Oh? You're watching the news report about Ollie's escape too huh?” Whoa! What!?

“That's on the news already!?” He then had to repress a groan as he may have just inadverdently told Laurel that Ollie's with him. Oh boy...

Now how would you know about this before I did? Unless that jackass is there with you right now?” Her tone was full of bite and making him wince at it. He knew he was gonna have to convincingly try to lie his ass off to her about this.

“Of course not Laurel! I got a text from Thea is all.” Oh sweet Jesus may that have worked!

Uh-huh, I know you better than you think Tommy. And I am on my way right now to your place. And if he's there, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!” And promptly ended the call at that, making him look at it in shock.

Grabbing the remote as Oliver looked on in concern as he was only slightly able to hear someone's voice on the phone. And hoped it wasn't about to bring him trouble. Tommy quickly got to a channel reporting the news and what was going on shocked the both of them. For on the screen was Moira Queen reaching out in regards to her son, along with Quentin Lance standing off to the side likely waiting his turn.

As you all know by now in quick and surprising fashion, my son has somehow managed to escape the ward he'd been placed inside of in order to finally heal properly from the ordeal of his time away. I am offering a million dollar reward for ANY information on where my son possibly is or is likely going to. If seen, PLEASE call the police and if possible, keep him where he is so that the police will be able to place him into their custody. And Oliver? Sweety? Please if you are watching this, please stop this foolishness and come back to where you need to be with out the police having to do it. Otherwise I WILL put you over my knee like a badly behaving child and spank you in front of God and everyone when and if I happen to find you first myself!

“Well... Damn...” Was all Tommy could say due to the shock he was feeling. And Oliver had to agree with that. As he was likely very screwed now.

Unknown location...

Little did Oliver know that Slade happened to be seeing this on the news from wherever he was at currently. And was laughing his ass off at the kid's current predicament. Oh how he would love to be there right now!

Back with Tommy and Oliver

Tommy considered things before speaking. “So, we've got my car with plenty of speed to spare, and half a tank of gas, and a few of my credit cards...”

“Now we just need a mission from God.” Oliver cut in, which got him a look from Tommy over that.

“Sorry, couldn't resist.” Tommy rolled his eyes over that.

He then went for his keys and motioned for Oliver to follow him, but the sight of Quentin Lance being on the television stopped them from going further. “Well this should be interesting...” The former cast away muttered to himself.

Kid, if you're listenin' to this. Then just do us all a favor and turn yourself in alright? But since I doubt you're gonna do that, I get the absolute pleasure of leading the hunt to bring you in. So again, make it easy on yourself and come in on your own.” The smile that appeared on the man's face could be described as predatory as if he was seemingly fantasizing of how he was going to enjoy leading the hunt for Oliver. Hell, knowing him, he likely was!

“Let's get gone Tommy.” Oliver finally growled out a minute later and soon the two were running down the steps to get to their get a way car.

Unfortunately for Oliver, luck was not going to be on his side this night as he soon found himself painfully on the ground and a heavy weight on him. The spear would have made Jim Ross proud had he been able to see it! Same for Goldberg too most likely! The attacker quickly got up and reached for a near by bag as Tommy looked on in shock. For it had been Laurel who apparently was a lot closer then he thought! The sight of her shot gun made his eyes widen in shock. “Laurel! What the hell!?”

She aimed the shotgun at her with a determined and angry look on her face. “Shut up! And don't even think of trying anything right now! He belongs in that place no matter how much you might want to deny it!”

Tommy scoffed, he wasn't denying a damn thing! His best friend didn't deserve to be in there! But no way in Hell was Laurel going to see it that way with how she felt towards Ollie currently. The man himself managed to get to his knees with a groan, which caused Laurel to aim the shotgun at him. Something that startled the poor man a little considering past experiences and caused him to turn his head away while he crossed his arms in a defensive position. “Could you PLEASE aim that thing somewhere else!?”

“I could, but I won't. Besides, why so scared Ollie?” She asked him condescindingly.

He looked at her as he slowly lowered his arms. “Well, when you get shot at and even have to pull out a bullet and sew yourself up, you tend to get a bit nervous when somenoe's aiming a gun at you.” He told her a bit sarcastically but also seriously.

Any other time, she would have been sympathetic, but the anger she'd held in her just couldn't bring her to give much of a damn. But she knew she'd likely be feeling pretty horrirfied by his admission later on. “Look Laurel, just please let us go. I know what I did was the absolute worst thing when I got on that boat. But please, please for the love we had, let me get out of here! I swear to you I will do anything you want in return! I'll even wear fishnets for you!” Okay, so maybe that last one wasn't likely to happen, but damnit, he had to try!

He look of disgust he got in return told him she wasn't going for that at all. “Nice try, but no thanks. And I think we all know fishnets look MUCH better on me anyway.” She informed him smugly, something he had to nod in agreement with. Tommy pretty much the same as he remembered that night pretty well too.

After a phone call to her father while making sure her shot gun was aimed at the two, and a 20 minute wait. Oliver was well on his way back to the ward while Laurel pretty much cackled in glee as she and Tommy watched them drive off. Quentin in the driver's seat could be seen smiling pretty smugly as Moira gave her son one hell of a tongue lashing. Damnit Laurel! I swear I'll get you back for this! His little escape would also wound up ensuring him a much longer stay as well.
-----

Another good one!
_____
"frency" frenzy?

"He look of disgust"

Thanks! And d'oh! Those musta got passed me.

You're welcome! heh That's what a second reader is for, right?

Lol, true. Either that or carefully reading through it again.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom