What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Does your religion make you happy?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Does your religion of choice make you happy?

Episode 16 GIF by The Simpsons

I don't have one. Happy with my life less complicated than it needs to be.

I don't have one. Happy with my life less complicated than it needs to be.
Same, neither do I. Since divorcing my ex wife and not having Christianity shoved down my throat anymore, I've been a lot happier. I'm very proud that I am an Atheist. :)

Same, neither do I. Since divorcing my ex wife and not having Christianity shoved down my throat anymore, I've been a lot happier. I'm very proud that I am an Atheist. :)

Was her family super Christian?

Was her family super Christian?
Not really, they were on and off about it. Her mom and her new husband (now have been married for 13 and half years) were on Adult Friend Finder looking to play with other couples. That's not very religious lol. My ex wife would go through phases where she wanted to be devout with her beliefs and she'd force me and the kids to go with her. It only added to our problems.

Not really, they were on and off about it. Her mom and her new husband (now have been married for 13 and half years) were on Adult Friend Finder looking to play with other couples. That's not very religious lol. My ex wife would go through phases where she wanted be devout with her beliefs and she'd force me and the kids to go with her. It only added to our problems.

I'll bet, I've never been with someone like that. It would be a pain.

I'll bet, I've never been with someone like that. It would be a pain.
It was. My mom wasn't happy about the situation. She felt I had no business going to church because she learned a long time ago that forced indoctrination doesn't work on me. She was right, it didn't work. I hated every bit of it. I didn't enjoy listening to the pastor preach or lecture about bible apologetics for the upteenth time. There's only so much Christian Mythology I can take.

It was. My mom wasn't happy about the situation. She felt I had no business going to church because she learned a long time ago that forced indoctrination doesn't work on me. She was right, it didn't work. I hated every bit of it. I didn't enjoy listening to the pastor preach or lecture about bible apologetics for the upteenth time. There's only so much Christian Mythology I can take.

For me it was non-existent in my life. Nobody ever tried to force me into anything or make me go to church.

For me it was non-existent in my life. Nobody ever tried to force me into anything or make me go to church.
I wish I grew up without it.

My childhood would have been a hundred times better. My mom, who had always been Baptist, became very devout in 2003 after a near death motorcycle wreck, she had. While in the hospital she found religion again and to me that became the worst part because she became a religious bigot and became close to her pastor, who was a way bigger bigot.

Back than I had no opposition towards Theist religion, until she recovered and became very holier than thou. She started stripping me of my freedoms and privileges around the house. Putting down more rules based on religion. Forced me to go to church with them. It just got worse and then I started rebelling until she threw me out of the house.

I was not convinced by it at all. Still don't believe it's true or real. Deities are just make believe to me. I was already a closet atheist and that had been cemented when I lived with my father who taught Evolutionary Anthropology, the study of cavemen. So it wasn't Atheism that made me an Atheist. It was public school, Biology, Anthropology, and shitty church teachings that lead to me becoming a full blown Atheist.

I wish I grew up without it. My childhood would have been a hundred times better. My mom, who had always been Baptist, became very devout in 2003 after a near death motorcycle wreck, she had. While in the hospital she found religion again and to me that became the worst part because she became a religious bigot and became close to her pastor, who was a way bigger bigot.

Back then I had no opposition towards Theist religion, until she recovered and became very holier than thou. She started stripping me of my freedoms and privileges around the house. Putting down more rules based on religion. Forced me to go to church with them. It just got worse and then I started rebelling until she threw me out of the house.

I was not convinced by it at all. Still don't believe it's true or real. Deities are just make believe to me. I was already a closet atheist and that had been cemented when I lived with my father who taught Evolutionary Anthropology, the study of cavemen. So it wasn't Atheism that made me an Atheist. It was public school, Biology, Anthropology, and shitty church teachings that lead to me becoming and atheist.

Sorry to hear that. Must have been rough. How is your relationship with her these days?

I'm areligious but spiritual. I've never really been big on religion myself- I was forced into Judaism as a child, and I saw most of the people around me being force-fed various religions throughout my life. I think it's good if you choose it for yourself, but... For me, it's just not reasonable because I was forced into it at that age. I think it's good if it can make you happy, and I know for some people it does... But for me, religion is just a pain in the rear, because it was force-fed and not organic, so to speak, for me. So, I'm happy without it.

I don't have a religion. I believe in God and that makes me happy.

no

in other words, I am christian- and I love being christian

however, if someone said to me name something that makes you happy I wouldn't say christianity. it wouldn't be the first thing that came to mind

no

in other words, I am christian- and I love being christian

however, if someone said to me name something that makes you happy I wouldn't say christianity. it wouldn't be the first thing that came to mind

Would would be the first thing?

Well, even if I have a religion that my parents gave me from birth, I don't think I'll need to change it. I don't think any other would be any different.

I'm not very religious, the last time I went to church was a few years ago, just for a normal service.

Mostly these days, I end up in a church because of a wedding, christening, or, I guess, the sad reason, a funeral.

It doesn't really affect my everyday life, and whatever I do is because I want to.

So, in a way, yeah, I'm happy.

Religion isn't meant to make you "happy", so that's the first problem with this thread.

The joy of Christianity is knowing that when you die, you will have everlasting life with the one true God who died on the cross for the forgiveness of your sins. It isn't about how you feel.

I am not religious and that makes me feel just fine.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom