What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you think Wikipedia is a reliable source?

Olivia

Tell me about it
Thread Creator

Do you think Wikipedia is a reliable source?

Why or why not?

No. Anyone can edit the info, and you don't even have to sign up to do so- and they don't check who you are.

I know, since I tried to add important imfo to an article which someone else messed up later.

No. Anyone can edit the info, and you don't even have to sign up to do so- and they don't check who you are.

I know, since I tried to add important imfo to an article which someone else messed up later.
Same goes for the internet really. In reality, newspapers just want to grab headlines and they may provide biased info.

No. Whenever I look things up on the wiki, sometimes it's completely wrong.

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Wikipedia is one of the greatest accumulations of information available. Individuals can edit it, and sometimes, falsified information will slip through the cracks, but it has definitely instilled a lot more safeguards and quality control in recent years than when it began. At the same time, you have to know what Wikipedia is, and realize that it is an accumulation of information - most of what it says is followed by a citation and another website that you can independently verify yourself.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom