What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you prefer to read manga or audiovisual versions?

riberet19

Off Topix Regular

Would you rather read the manga or wait for an anime of the story to come out and see it on screen? In my case I like to watch anime more since I have never been a fan of reading manga, I have never been able to finish a manga.

I do like the anime but a lot of the times when the anime ends, the manga is still continuously going or there's not enough source material, yet, so the anime ends up having a whole season of fillers. For example, after the Kyoto arc of Rurouni Kenshin, there was the "third" season of the anime that had nothing to do with anything or the second season of Gantz that was just awful. They're both fine for me.

I'd rather watch it on TV because I am lazy :tv:

I love manga. Nine times out of ten, I don't watch an anime before I've read its manga- and sometimes even if I love a manga, I won't be bothered to watch the anime, because I'm just not a 'watching stuff' person half the time.

The only anime I refuse to read the manga for at all for some reason is ironically my favorite anime ever, Natsume Yuujinchou. I watched it many times and am going to keep watching it many times... But for some reason, I can't get myself to read the manga... Even though there is a lot more to the series than what the anime has gotten through and I really, really want to know where it's headed and have been waiting for YEARS for season seven to even be announced (which happened last year). Still waiting to hear when it's actually going to be aired though...

But yeah. For me, most stories translate better to manga than anime for my brain. I'm sensitive to sound though, so that makes sense.

If you walked into my partner's room (we have separate rooms) you'd see nothing by manga everywhere.

If you walked into my partner's room (we have separate rooms) you'd see nothing by manga everywhere.
That was me when I was younger. Except it was also my play area in the basement when we had one.
I don't really have much physical manga now but I still read way, way more than you'd expect possible of a person, probably.
Because I am no longer a 'bookworm', I am specifically a 'mangaworm'. xD

He has tons of books still wrapped in plastic that I doubt he'll ever read. He says he wont read them because he already read them online. :ponder:

He has tons of books still wrapped in plastic that I doubt he'll ever read. He says he wont read them because he already read them online. :ponder:
Ahhhh so he's a collector. I can't afford to do that, but I get the concept well enough. :3 I only own a few at this point, and I bought them mostly because I'd already read them and just loved them that much. Like the moment I found a copy of The Bride Was a Boy (an amazing autobiographical manga that was originally just the artist's comic diary) I had to have it because I'd read it so many times and it was just so, so important to me.

Ahhhh so he's a collector. I can't afford to do that, but I get the concept well enough. :3 I only own a few at this point, and I bought them mostly because I'd already read them and just loved them that much. Like the moment I found a copy of The Bride Was a Boy (an amazing autobiographical manga that was originally just the artist's comic diary) I had to have it because I'd read it so many times and it was just so, so important to me.

I suppose so. He bought a shelf not to long ago just to hold all the books. He asked me to put it together. He is the least handy person on earth :p

Anyway, glad you found Bride Was a Boy :D

I was teasing him the other day. I was like.... If someone walked into this house and didn't know who lived here, they'd say his room was a high school kids room.

I was teasing him the other day. I was like.... If someone walked into this house and didn't know who lived here, they'd say his room was a high school kids room.
I mean at least people would think high schooler at this point? <- person who was mistaken for a lot younger than that in her 20s.

I mean at least people would think high schooler at this point? <- person who was mistaken for a lot younger than that in her 20s.

So your room looks like a 5 year old's? :p Jk

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom