What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Do you like anime?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Do you like watching anime? If yes, what is your favorite show?

I really loved watching Rahxephon.

fhDtckn.gif

I enjoy watching anime here and there myself! The last anime I watched was called Wonder Egg Priority. It was a interesting one, and I hope we get another season since the way the last episode ended made it seem like it was open for another season. I'll have to see if there's a manga.

The only animes I've actively got into were Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon. I should try and watch more, but I'm just not much of a watcher like I used to be.

The only animes I've actively got into were Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon. I should try and watch more, but I'm just not much of a watcher like I used to be.
Need to broaden your horizons! you don't know what you're missing :D Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and DragonBall Z are too mainstream for me lol. Anime can be one of the greatest storytelling genres. I have seen about 160 anime. I think I have lost count! and myanimelist isn't up to date LOL and that number keeps growing!

Need to broaden your horizons! you don't know what you're missing :D Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, and DragonBall Z are too mainstream for me lol. Anime can be one of the greatest storytelling genres. I have seen about 160 anime. I think I have lost count! and myanimelist isn't up to date LOL and that number keeps growing!
I watched over 400+ shows. And now i go back to watch 90s shows that i missed when i was little lol!

Now it's really hard to find a decent anime. The 12-episode only seasons killed the industry for me..

I know what you mean, but I just don't watch TV/films that much as a whole anymore. I mainly sit in front of my computer or iPhone screen when I'm home. I'm much more invested in the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG than I am in the anime. In fact, I don't think I've watched any of the Yu-Gi-Oh series with the exception of the first series that originally came out.

I know what you mean, but I just don't watch TV/films that much as a whole anymore. I mainly sit in front of my computer or iPhone screen when I'm home. I'm much more invested in the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG than I am in the anime. In fact, I don't think I've watched any of the Yu-Gi-Oh series with the exception of the first series that originally came out.
Today's anime catalogue is not what was in the 90s or 00s.. it's tightly connected to its own fanbase too, too many isekais.. less shows with more than 24 episodes.. the industry changed for bad to me.. but that's my opinion.

I like some... not a lot.

I do like Chainsaw man lately.

Anime rule! :)

I watched anime when I was a kid. It was pokemons, digimons, dragon ball and I think few more but I forgot the name. There was one with Hao Asakura, no idea the name of it. xD
However, nowadays I don't like watching anime. It has way too many episodes and I don't have time for it. Plus, it looks a bit childish to me now, I don't know, just saying.

However, nowadays I don't like watching anime.

Not all anime is made equal. Perhaps you just haven't found a show that interests you. I myself am extremely picky on what anime shows that I watch. I think a lot of shows are stupid and a waste of my time.

It has way too many episodes and I don't have time for it.

Depends on what shows you're watching. Some anime seasons have 8 to 10 episodes while some series have 26 episodes and no additional seasons to them.

Plus, it looks a bit childish to me now, I don't know, just saying.
I can see why with some of the shows you have watched. Some anime is definitely made for kids such as Pokémon and Digimon, but there are some adult shows to that which they refer to as Dark Anime that is suited for mature audiences. Some anime isn't meant for children due to sex, violence, and subjects being discussed within the plot. Examples being Claymore and Gantz are shows that are definitely not suitable for children due to gore and attempted rape scenes. Ghost in the Shell is way to complicated and political for young kids to be watching it. Just putting those out there.

Last edited:
Oh, wow. Where do I start. I'm a little picky when it comes to anime. I've watched Ah My Goddess, Tenchi Muyo, (and Universe), Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Shuffle!, Negima! (and Negima!?), Baka and Test, Gunbuster, All Purpose All Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku, Magical Girl Site, Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, Please Teacher, The World of Naure, Inuyasha, ... I know there's lots more, but my brain is stuck.

I don't mind seasons with only a few episodes, I don't really care for much mainstream anime (in the 90s it was like "kill the monster of the week", today, I've noticed a lot of darker/violent/mature content). I tend to prefer Shoujo anime (girls anime, where the main character is a heroine). I don't mind a touch of darkness, I think it adds tension to the story, but there's enough dark crap in real life right now. It was really refreshing to me to watch Nuku Nuku last week. The plot was simple, yet convoluted. It was almost laughable, but in a good way. I tried not to over analyze the plot, and just enjoyed the story and the artwork. And the possibilities! That's what I live for. Especially with a lot of the older anime, stuff that's wrapped up. I like to imagine a lot of "what if's" this character did this, or that character did that, and I like to role with those plots. I'll write fan fiction, or start a role playing game with that in mind. Stuff doesn't have to be cannon for it to be good. We're just having fun with the characters! Anyway, I'm rambling...

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom