What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Did the pandemic of coronavirus affect your business?

Heatman

Dedicated Member

COVID was a big problem in 2019/2020 when it broke out. So many businesses was shutdown and staffs in big numbers lost their jobs. It would appear that the pandemic have been contained but there were some businesses which couldn't recover.

Was your own business or work affected by COVID? Are you still suffering effects of COVID in your business or workplace today?

I worked in retail during this and the amount of people who thought it was the end of times was insane. People were running to the toilet paper and paper towel aisle and buying 5-6 at a time.

Between me, my wife, and my brother (who ended up living with us for a couple of months).... we lost FIVE jobs.

Two full time, two part time, and one casual-seasonal (part time).

But we also cleaned up on unemployment and the "stimulus".

And my wife's home business, repackaging from bulk and selling smaller amounts of crafting material and mailing it directly to people, went through the roof! It took all three of us to keep up, and every day we had a BUNCH of packages for both the Post Office and more to take over to the UPS drop off which is about a mile away.

So it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Not really: we serve housing associations, and homes obviously didn't go away during the pandemic!

With that being said, I still work from home four days a week... only go into the office once a week. I quite like it like that: gives me an occasional change of scenery (and contact with co-workers), but involves nowhere near as much commuting.

For me no, life was pretty much the same.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom