What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Detransitioners

Ravenfreak

The Residential Sonic Nerd

First off let me start this thread off by saying not all detrantioners are bad people, some are forced to detransition for their own well being because they may live in a environment that continuing their transition would be more harmful than good. However, the ones that are causing issues are the ones that spread false information about kids getting surgeries at a young age, and the ones that blame the trans community for their own choices. Most of these people also say that "its easy to get on hormones" when in most cases it's not easy. They make it sound like doctors are handing out hormones like candy, which is an absolute lie. They also believe that since transitioning didn't work out for them, then it doesn't work for everyone else and they want to make it more difficult for actual trans people to get the treatment they need in order to live a happy life. Sorry I needed to rant, I recently watched Mark Laita's (the guy behind the Soft White Underbelly channel on Youtube) latest interview with two different detransitioners and one blamed the trans community for their mistakes and the other tried to say that being trans is a fantasy and that people should seek other means of dealing with their gender dysphoria than resulting to medically transitioning so in my eyes they are just two examples of detranstioners with terrible opinions that are causing more harm than good to the trans community.

I suppose if people are free to switch genders then they are also free to switch back.

If someone had a bad experience with something, its only natural for them to talk some shit. :shrug:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom