What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Desktop or laptop?

Shortie

Dedicated Member

When it comes to browsing the internet, working from home or maybe even playing games, we all have a preference as to which kind of device we enjoy using whether it be a desktop PC or a laptop.

I myself have both a laptop and a desktop PC and I find that when it comes to things such as working, posting on forums, browsing the internet and checking emails, the laptop is more convenient but when it comes to playing games, I find the PC better for that.

Do you prefer a desktop or a laptop?

I prefer laptop, I have a good laptop which I also use that for gaming.

I use both. I honestly have way too many computers :p

On my desk in my home office, I have:
Desktop - This is my newest one, just built it this summer. Used for personal / gaming
iMac 2023 version - Used for a lot of company related things

On the other desk:
Desktop - Old desktop I built years ago. I now let me Gf use it now to game.
Asus Laptop - I use this for testing purposes.

On the go I have:
Macbook - my personal laptop for on the go.
Thinkpad laptop - This is provided to me from my day job. I use this for work related things.

Then I also have a spare HP laptop. Don't really use it these days.

I have both but mainly use my desktop. I do also have a tablet too.

I have both but still prefer a laptop since it is so convenient and I can bring it anywhere, anytime.

Laptop all the way, I'm all for portability and minimalism.

I have both, but I prefer to use my laptop. I enjoy the portable aspect of it and being able to use it whilst laying back.

I actually have both of them. My desktop is used at time on full time basis. My laptop on the other hand goes out with me because of its portability. I use it at home too whenever I feel like it.

I have both but I relocated my laptop downstairs and connected it to the TV. I use it for youtube (I like the computer version better than the TV app) and any bootleg shows / movies that aren't on the streaming platforms (netflix, hulu, prime, etc) :whistles:

Desktop for sure. I don't need to be mobile, I am no businessman, so having a static PC is the best solution plus I can get a very good configuration compared to the same price laptop. I had laptop before but because it was of no particular use for me, I simply sold it to my friend who was a student at the time and needed it more than I did.

When I was out of town recently I brought my laptop and it was pretty convenient in the hotel room. When the hotel TV wasn't showing anything I wanted to watch, I got on my laptop and watched Netflix, Max, Hulu, etc.

I've used all sorts of computing devices through the years, and I prefer a desktop PC. I enjoy the larger screen space, the proper body ergonomics (complete with chair and desk), and the additional computing power (for when I work on my video game). I like the full sized keyboard, and if a part craps out, it's usually cheaper to replace it on a PC than it is on a laptop.

I only use a laptop if I have to go out of town for some reason for work (which now is never), and I really only use my smartphone for surfing videos and quick instant messaging.

I use my laptop, phone, or tablet. We have a desktop but I just don't use it as much. I like to lay down when I am on my devices.

Yes. I use my mobile devices and laptop when traveling be it international or domestic, and at home, but I also use my PC when I need to dump things to my hdd.. I have a 14TB WD Passport My Book HDD set up with my desktop and so when I need to dump my camera or device's SD card, I just put them in the office to dump to my desktop later on.

I also use my desktop to play music throughout our house via bluetooth, I got a USB adaptor with an antenna off Amazon for cheap, so that I could transmit music from my desktop to the bluetooth devices throughout our house, so that we don't have to worry about draining our batteries by playing from our devices.

Once we get a media server system, to wire the entire house, our setup will become more sophisticated.

I tend towards laptops in general. I do use them mostly in a solitary place, but it's nice to be able to carry it around when I really need to.

I've always had a desktop, and in the past, I had a small touchscreen laptop which I still have, though I'm not sure if it still works. :p
This year, I decided to go with just a laptop as my desktop is old and some parts need to be replaced. Anyways, I got a laptop a few weeks ago, and I'll be using it along with my monitor.

Also, the computer I was using to connect to the TV was bad, which was one of the reasons I opted for a laptop so I could use it there as well.

Anyway, if I didn't have the big monitor, I would never go with just a laptop, especially now that my eyesight is getting worse.:wacko:
I haven't used this new setup for long yet, so I'm not sure how it will go, but I must say I prefer a PC

Laptop from China, bought brand new for 225 euro, its flat as a pancake, fast like road runner ( SSD )
Just use the good software on it to keep it fast !

* Windows 11 pro
* Bitdefender Total security and 2 VPN ( Bitdefender and NordVPN )
* Firefox Browser
* Microsoft 365
* Google Drive

Enjoy !

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom