What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Tutorial Customizable Username Icons

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Greetings members,

In this thread I will explain our newest feature: Customizable username icons! :!:

:arrow: Navigate to your Account Details page and scroll to near the bottom of that page, look for "Username icon"

uicons0.png

Here you'll see 3 options:
- No icon
- Select font based icon
- Select image based icon

If you choose 'No icon' you will use your user group's default icon. You also have the option of customizing your username icon with either a font-based icon or an image-based icon.

Font Based Icons

uicons1a.png

Font based icons are text based icons. You'll be able to edit the color of these icons and flip or rotate them.

Once you've customized your icon to your liking remember to hit the 'Save' button when you're done.

Image Based Icons

uicons1.png

Image based icons are little 16x16 images.

Once you've chosen your icon remember to hit the 'Save' button when you're done.

For this example I have chosen an image based icon (an alien icon), it will appear next to my username all over the forum.

Screenshot:
uicons2.png

Enjoy your new custom username icon! Feel free to edit and change it as often as you like.

:party:

Great. Another useless feature. Let me try it.

EDIT: Nope. Can't find even a single one that I like. Useless. :p

I'm lovin' it!

Works for me!

Thanks, @Nebulous! The EA icon suits me right. :) Gotta love sims 4!

Would it be possible to allow us to upload our own? Just tell us max allowed size and accepted image format(s).

I was going to suggest this feature soon. I am glad to see it implemented. :)

Thanks, @Nebulous! The EA icon suits me right. :) Gotta love sims 4!
Looking good!
OOOO very nice hehe
Thanks, glad you like it :D
I was going to suggest this feature soon. I am glad to see it implemented. :)
Thanks, I like your icon :clap:
Would it be possible to allow us to upload our own? Just tell us max allowed size and accepted image format(s).
You can send me the icon you'd like and I can upload it for you no problem. Images ending in .png are prefered, I can resize them down to 16x16. :)

I'm liking this a whole lot. Awesome work, @Nebulous

You can send me the icon you'd like and I can upload it for you no problem. Images ending in .png are prefered, I can resize them down to 16x16. :)
Transparent or solid background?

I noticed the little icons next to our names before. I am glad we get to customize them now! Thank you :heart:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom