What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Checking Restaurant Kitchens

Mr. Perfect

Off Topix Veteran
Elite Member

Have you ever asked to see the kitchen of a restaurant? Did you even know that by law a customer has the right to view the sanitation conditions of a restaurant's kitchen before the customer orders their food? I've done it a dozen of times
smile.png

Its true used to work in Food Service and I still do...try it!

Nope... never have. Maybe I'll try that sometime if I'm worried, but if you go to Logan's Road House, you can actually already see inside the kitchen, so no need to worry. I might do it if I traveled a lot or if I was a health inspector, otherwise, I could care less. Thanks for the share though.

Never heard of such a law and I probably don't want to know what's going on in the kitchen because I'd probably never eat out again!
smile.png
I rely on the health/code inspectors to inspect the kitchens which happens quite often here. The health/code inspectors then post in the local newspaper the names of the establishments that were found in violation.

Never. That's a thing? I probably would never eat out if I did.

Never. Guess that I would consider it impolite. :unsure:

No, I often don't bother wasting my time nit picking about how clean a restaurants kitchen is supposed to be.

Its pretty good but I kind of think some of it is staged. I mean... the notified has to be notified that they are coming, right?
I looked it up. Feels like this other program Bar Rescue is based/copied off of KN since KN came out first.

Its pretty good but I kind of think some of it is staged. I mean... the notified has to be notified that they are coming, right?

The notified has to be notified? Oops, lol

The restaurant has to be notified**

I looked it up. Feels like this other program Bar Rescue is based/copied off of KN since KN came out first.

I like Bar Rescue too. I've been to some of their "rescued bars" ... most recently was The Patriot House in San Francisco. It was really good.

The notified has to be notified? Oops, lol

The restaurant has to be notified**

I like Bar Rescue too. I've been to some of their "rescued bars" ... most recently was The Patriot House in San Francisco. It was really good.

I knew what you meant lol. My husband watches it too. I browsed the menu, wish they were closer to me.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom