What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Call or text?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark

Do you call people or do you prefer to text instead?

I prefer to text.

I can multitask better when texting xD I find my self just wondering around when I talk on the phone.

I prefer text, especially when I'm in public so I don't have to talk out loud with everyone hearing me and the other callers' conversation.

I prefer to text people. This is probably because I worked in a call center for a few years doing technical support. And I despise the phone--even the sound of it ringing drives me up a wall!

Not a big fan of phone calls. If it is absolutely necessary, sure. However, I rarely answer phone calls on the first ring. :p

Depends. If you just need relay something short and sweet that doesn't require a huge response, shoot me a text. But don't try to have an elongated text conversation with me. If you want to talk, pick up the darn phone and just call me. We can literally cover everything in a few minutes of talking rather then spend half the day typing this crap out and sending it back and forth, lol.

text usually but sometimes I get frustrated with technology and would rather just talk on the phone. :p

Texting all the way.

I absolutely hate talking on the phone, especially if it's unexpected. I'd rather they just text so I can answer on my own time.

A bit of both. I like hearing the voices of my loved ones. Then sometimes a text will suffice.

I prefer to call my parents and brothers (although I mostly text my brothers), and I prefer to text everyone else.

It doesn't matter to me either way; if it's a text and I'm driving, I'll use copilot.

Depends. If you just need relay something short and sweet that doesn't require a huge response, shoot me a text. But don't try to have an elongated text conversation with me. If you want to talk, pick up the darn phone and just call me. We can literally cover everything in a few minutes of talking rather then spend half the day typing this crap out and sending it back and forth, lol.
Now that is what i was thinking (y)

I'm a texter for the most part unless it's super important. If you gotta call me for something simple I feel obligated to answer.

I 100% prefer text messages. I am very sensitive to sound in general and tend to get frustrated dealing with phones as a whole. But at least texts don't give me headaches as often.

I want you to text me all day. I don't enjoy being called unless it is an emergency. I have the energy to chat all day, but I doubt that I can do such with being on a phone call all day.

Depends on the person. But usually call I guess.

Depends on the urgency and how much there is to say. Not urgent & lots of text: email. Not urgent & not a lot of text: SMS. Urgent: call.

Or see someone in person, of course, but that option wasn't in the question.

Its always funny when someone uses the voice to text feature. Their texts often don't make sense.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom