What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Build forts?

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

Did you build forts when you were a kid?

What did they look like?

friends moving GIF by SoulPancake

Yes! :D
Outside, any boards we could find, sticks & twigs, whatever; to defend against oncoming dirt clods from neighboring kids.

No, I never have. I've done more dangerous stuff. :D

Yeah it was so much fun. We had a young family member over recently and he was making a fort out of all the couch cushions and pillows.

Not very big ones :p .

I did once build one as an adult for sound recording, though - and it was modestly successful!

I used to love building forts, either with random boxes or with blankets and pillows... and sometimes chairs to help. The most memorable was when I went to my aunt's house in Maryland as a kid... We used her dining chairs, couch, and lots of blankets and pillows to make a super comfy fort for ourselves (my cousin, a neighbor of my aunt's, myself, and my aunt).

My sister and I would use the cupboard under the stairs at one house we lived in. It was the perfect place, our own little private room, no one allowed.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom