What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Biscuits

Corleone

Platinum Member
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

How do you prefer your biscuits?

biscuit.jpg

Plain butter biscuit is my favorite. No jam or anything else, just plain, with butter.
biggrin.gif

Thats a scone not a biscuit!

Hot out of the oven with just plain butter.

Scone =
GJ%2520Scone.jpg

Biscuit =
biscuit310708_450x382.jpg

As for SCONES! I like them with butter.... and strawberry jam, depending on the scone.

You know, there's a huge dent on my computer screen now. I blame the delicious looking biscuits.

Now to spread some jam onto my screen...

Revolution said:
Thats a scone not a biscuit!

American Biscuit.....
laugh.gif

English Biscuits we call cookies.

And the best way to eat a real southern biscuit is fresh out of the oven with butter....

Ahhhh Cookkiiieeeesss are gooooodd lol..

cookie-monster_with_text.jpg

Princess said:
American Biscuit.....
laugh.gif

English Biscuits we call cookies.

And the best way to eat a real southern biscuit is fresh out of the oven with butter....

Biscuits we call Scones

English biscuits - we call.. Biscuits

Cookies we call Cookies

Hahahahaha

I have a few tubes of biscuits in the fridge. Have ate any in a while. I like them with either cheese, butter, gravy, or jam.

Its good! I like the country gravy (the white creamy kind) with them more though.
highfive.gif

Revolution said:
Gravy?! ewww

Biscuits and gravy a real delicacy. Yummy. My kids love biscuits and gravy.

This recipe is not for considered a 'heart healthy' recipe

Take some bacon or sausage, or country ham fry up in a skillet. Save the grease drippings. (I usually take some sausage and crumble it up to give the gravy extra flavor)

add about a 1/2 stick of butter (real, not margarine) and melt on medium heat.

add enough flour to make a roux (I believe is the spelling) You want to thicken the grease/butter mixture into a paste.

Add milk until a rich creamy consistancy is reached. Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy.

A biscuit that is not so hard it can break the concrete. A tad bit of butter on top too.

Even though the picture isn't showing up now, it's likely a scone. :DScones around here tend to be sweet

I find the classic combination of cream and jam to be the most satisfying.:eat:

I had one from popeyes yesterday, sooo good. Hot and fresh.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom