What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Believe what you read?

Randy

Aw, awww!
Thread Creator

Do you believe everything you read?

There are thousands of things that I don't believe while I'm reading. Many things that I read, I find to be non-truths, not only in the news, but in magazines and books alike.

Nope!!!!

There's an old saying that goes;

Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.

Has anyone here seen the movie, The Negotiator, which starred Kevin Spacey as the negotiator and Samuel L. Jackson as the hostage taker? Well, there's this scene where, shortly after introducing over the phone, they start discussing movies, and they get into a dispute about whether the main character in the movie Shane died at the end. In any case, Mr. Spacey's character then cites another old movie with an implied death at the end, and the following dialog ensues:

Now you're a history buff?

I generally read histories and biographies.

Don't believe everything you read.

I didn't say I read just one book. I try to read all books on a subject. You know, try to get all the facts... and then decide for myself what really happened.

Get all the facts, huh? That's smart.

Anyways: what they said.

No I do not believe everything I read.

Everybody seems to agree on this... except when somebody posts a list of little know facts on the forum, and then all of the sudden it's Gospel.

If everybody were as skeptical as they claim to be, I'd be out of a job as a debunker.

I don't believe what I read, coz most of it's fiction XD

But seriously, I take everything I read with a pinch of salt.

No , if I find something good in what I read, I always check from multiple resources to see if it's true or no

Good lord, no. Even from resources I trust more, I don't always believe everything. There's always a scope of subjectivity. Always.

No. I don't believe a lot of what I read on the internet and in some books.

I don't believe anything I read or what most people say. I need to learn things the hard way. :D

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom