What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

BBC writer either has NO CLUE about the real world, or....

DrLeftover

Forum Curmudgeon (certified)
Elite Member

.... or this story was written by a robot.

AI in 2024: Five trends workers need to know​

She may even have said that in the AI workplace everybody will have a bag of candy and fresh flowers on their desk every morning, but by the end of her fourth point about "upskilling"....

Companies may increasingly rise to the occasion, offering better resources for upskilling, through programmes such as in-office workshops...

I needed a coffee cup full of high octane bourbon.

"Now that generative AI has been on employees' radars for more than a year,"

That sentence pretty much says it all. In order for it to appear on those employees radar they would have to read about AI and be able to come to a conclusion based on what they read. Of course these articles would be scattered all over the internet and a person would have to search for them which runs contrary to human nature. People read and look at things they find interesting and AI isn't at the top of most peoples list. I doubt if even 1% of the population could be bothered to read enough articles about AI to come to any conclusions other then agreeing or disagreeing with what is written in the articles they read.

As I usually do when I come across drivel I looked up the author and recognised the author's picture. I couldn't find the article which first brought her to my attention but did find these Pulitzer Prize winning articles by her.

1. A criticism of the Christmas decorations Melania Trump chose one year
2. Covering the Harvey Weinstein trial where she felt it necessary to describe the breast milk that was leaking and wetting her t-shirt and other meaningless personal details.
3. A notorious serial killer which I looked up and wasn't that notorious.
4. An article about must read books

I needed a coffee cup full of high octane bourbon.
Old-grand-dad-114-bourbon-compressed.jpg

2. Covering the Harvey Weinstein trial where she felt it necessary to describe the breast milk that was leaking and wetting her t-shirt and other meaningless personal details.
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

That sentence pretty much says it all. In order for it to appear on those employees radar they would have to read about AI and be able to come to a conclusion based on what they read. Of course these articles would be scattered all over the internet and a person would have to search for them which runs contrary to human nature. People read and look at things they find interesting and AI isn't at the top of most peoples list. I doubt if even 1% of the population could be bothered to read enough articles about AI to come to any conclusions other then agreeing or disagreeing with what is written in the articles they read.
That must be a Fact, Jack! :D What I know about AI at this point is that articles written by AI are not reliable.
As I usually do when I come across drivel I looked up the author and recognised the author's picture. I couldn't find the article which first brought her to my attention but did find these Pulitzer Prize winning articles by her.
Good idea! ............
Pulitzer Prize
:rolleyes:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom