What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Basis for Understanding Beauty

Is the human body our basis for understanding beauty? Or something else?

You tell me:

800px-Sugar_Creek_Turkey_Run_SP%2C_IN_2.jpg

…beauty is a subjective thing, even with the human form….in different parts of the world and in those many cultures, human beauty would be perceived differently…and in nature as well, the image above is quite stunning but I think it’s an emotional thing as well because it’s what a person would personally attach to that image in terms of what it made them feel and that’s what for me, makes It beautiful…because it draws me into its surroundings, its feeling of calm and perfect contentment and makes me feel its perfection, its serenity etc…I could look at the attractiveness for instance if a perfect topiary and appreciate the artistry of it, it could be very complex in its design and I’d appreciate that skill….but I wouldn’t think it beautiful, I don’t think…because it wouldn’t necessarily make me feel….and beauty for me is very much about emotion and feeling….

Hmm :ponder: When I think of beauty I think more along the lines of nature and objects (like what @DrLeftover posted). There is so many beautiful things here on earth, on land and in the ocean, etc. I am also a fan of space imagery. I say that as I am looking over at a painting in my bedroom of an astronaut on the moon :p

As for the human body, it can be beautiful but it can also be gross. Depends on what part you're looking at and what its currently doing. Lol

Hmm :ponder: When I think of beauty I think more along the lines of nature and objects (like what @DrLeftover posted). There is so many beautiful things here on earth, on land and in the ocean, etc. I am also a fan of space imagery. I say that as I am looking over at a painting in my bedroom of an astronaut on the moon :p

As for the human body, it can be beautiful but it can also be gross. Depends on what part you're looking at and what its currently doing. Lol

Perhaps you can appreciate the beauty in this:

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom