What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

April 2024 Solar Eclipse

Webster

Retired Snark Master
Administrator

Next solar eclipse over the lower 48 will be sometime in 2044 so enjoy it today.... ☀️
Enjoy going blind ya'll :p

My Eyes Pain GIF

Maryland is in the partial range and that starts at 2 and we get the full thing around 330.

Sadly, this doesn't go anywhere near me (since I'm in the UK), but I hope those of you who are in the range will enjoy it!

Sadly, this doesn't go anywhere near me (since I'm in the UK), but I hope those of you who are in the range will enjoy it!
I actually enjoyed this one. It was dark out, like dusk for about 10 minutes here.

We watched the early part of it on TV, then went out with a homemade projector and watched it for awhile.

Here it got to about 90%. It got dim, the street lights came on, the birds acted weird, and the frog in our small pond started croaking.

The timing of this eclipse was awful for me. Otherwise I would have made an effort to travel for it as this one wouldn't have required international travel. Seeing and photographing a total solar eclipse is on my bucket list.

We only got about 35% here...plus it ended up being overcast.

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom