What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Anybody want/ wanted to be an Astronaut?

ZandraJoi

Off Topix Veteran

My dream when I was young was to be an Archaeologist & an Astronaut. Odd huh lol To look into the past but also the future. I don't have the mathematics know-how to even try. Not to mention, close quarters. Was still a nice dream that paved the way for me to be an amateur astronomer. I was in middle school (almost telling my age lol) when the Challenger Space Shuttle exploded. I remember an episode on Punky Brewster that touched on it. While it was very deep what happened, I think they did that episode very well for young kids.
Did you go to Space Camp? Apply to NASA? I think it would've been very cool to go to Space Camp! They do have an Adult Astronaut Camp which is exciting!

I wanted to be, but, aside from living in the wrong part of the world, I don't have "the right stuff", as the Americans call it. Aside from the required education, which is beyond my abilities, I don't have a perfect health, which is a must for an astronaut.

Plus, I believe there is an upper height limit, so I'm also too tall.

I actually used to say I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid. Now I don't think I would. I

As much as I find space fascinating and love science fiction films about it, I don't have any desire to be put on a rocket and shot into space. I think I would have a heart attack and die.

No way, José.

CApLEoF.jpg

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom