What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

Annoying Baby Names

Dee

Platinum Member
Elite Member
Retired Moderator

What are some of the most annoying, stupid, unoriginal and eye-roll inducing baby names you've ever heard?

I see a lot, the most annoying one is when people name their child after the town they currently live in. Yes I've seen that more than once. :rolleyes:

I don't really like the trend of the "-aiden" or that variation of name that's happening now. And the one for girls ending in "-kaya/kayla" beginning with some variation of "Mc/Mick/Mac". Or any name that is spelled very differently than how it sounds just to appear unique.

Pick any celebrity that had a child and I bet all of them have crazy ass names.

Jazzy said:
Will Smith's kids seem to have fairly normal names.

Jazzy said:

North West is an example of this.

Hi Friends,

Our Hindu (Telugu) people names are like subbaiah, sekhar, praveen, amar, sundari, like that.

yugasini said:
Hi Friends,

Our Hindu (Telugu) people names are like subbaiah, sekhar, praveen, amar, sundari, like that.

Do you guys have names in your country that are very popular and unoriginal, that you just get tired of hearing all the time, or names that people spell differently just to be unique? It's like that here in America.

Nebulous said:
I see a lot, the most annoying one is when people name their child after the town they currently live in. Yes I've seen that more than once. :rolleyes:

Surprising, I have never heard of this. Hopefully I never do either. A friend of mine once named his son Brantley. I thought that was neat/interesting. People must have wild imagination to name their kids after their place of residence.

Perhaps the original.

MV5BMjE0MjUxNTgyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTQ2NzE0._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Moon Unit Zappa
was born on September 28, 1967 in New York City, New York, USA. She is an actress and writer, known for European Vacation (1985), Normal Life (1990) and The Giving Tree (2000). She was previously married to Paul Doucette.

Daughter of Frank Zappa and Gail Zappa.
Older sister of actor Dweezil Zappa, Diva Zappa, and Ahmet Zappa.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0953262/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

"If there's anything more mortifying than being famous at 14, it's being washed up right after."
-Moon Unit Zappa

These days it seems like mothers will name their baby anything, even if its impossible or weird or absurd to pronounce.

What is worse is sitting around listening to a couple you know, mainly the guy argue with the woman over a stupid name he looked up on the Internet when the one she had picked out was good.

Anything along the lines of "Laquisha" or "Shaniqua". They just sound terrible, and I imagine the kids given those names have a desire to shoot themselves.

The owners of one of the apple orchards here named their children after apples:

Cortland
McIntosh
Dabinett

Another one I see is foreign people giving their children american names, but they are misspelled.

I hate it when people give their kids normal names but spell them differently with an extra letter or just letters that sound the same to how it's normally spelled. And then people get irritated when you don't know how to spell it, lol.

Oh yeah, ghetto mom's do that around here. I've seen some average names very creatively spelled. :LOL:

I don't like 'word' names, apart from already established ones such as 'Dawn', 'Brook' or jewel/plant/flower names. I also hate the names 'Wren' and 'Lark'. 'Robin' works as a name, those others do not.

Some mothers bestow names on their children. Mine was inflicted! (I changed it in 1981).

I don't like 'word' names, apart from already established ones such as 'Dawn', 'Brook' or jewel/plant/flower names. I also hate the names 'Wren' and 'Lark'. 'Robin' works as a name, those others do not.

Some mothers bestow names on their children. Mine was inflicted! (I changed it in 1981).

Can you share your original name with us? It's okay if you don't want to.

It was a very popular name in Britain, Ireland and America between the 1940s and 1960s.

Anything that makes no sense such as “North East” I don’t understand why parents would subject their kids to bullying.

Anything that makes no sense such as “North East” I don’t understand why parents would subject their kids to bullying.
Celebrities are crazy! :LOL:
Solution: Have all parents give their kids ridiculous names. That way either no one will mock anyone or they'll all mock each other. :p

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN
Sounds like a good plan!

Some celebrities do give their children sensible names. My avatar's sons are John and Theo.

That stupid link won't work and it won't let me delete.

How many times would I have to download that image before being reported for server abuse? :p

That's the man, Nebulous. 30 and as gorgeous as his father.

He's a club DJ, no idea what his wife does.

Maddison…Apple…Bear….Peaches…Fifi…ffs. :verymad:

I don't like it when a baby has 2 first names

like ellie- may or donna-marie

The owners of one of the apple orchards here named their children after apples:

Cortland
McIntosh
Dabinett
This is bad how again, Jazzy Catfish?

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom