What's new
Off Topix

Off Topix is a well established general discussion forum that originally opened to the public way back in 2009! We provide a laid back atmosphere and our members are down to earth. We have a ton of content and fresh stuff is constantly being added. We cover all sorts of topics, so there's bound to be something inside to pique your interest. We welcome anyone and everyone to register & become a member of our awesome community.

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Nebulous

Maintenance Man
Administrator
Founder

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. :ponder:

Lets post photos from the internet that might live up to that statement!

^ Interesting pic there.

I got one:

WFU10.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yz1diFc.jpg

This was from an Israeli airstrike on Gaza back in July.

^ Interesting pic there. :ponder:

I got one:

a5xJ2gk.jpg

Glad you figured it out!

Here's another:

e39fUtY.jpg

USA/Mexico border------------------------------------------------------------------
sNoANev.jpg
Men of the First Marine Division coming off the line after twenty three straight days of combat, Cape Gloucester, Jan 1944.

Here is one of my own taken photos. If this is not worth a thousand words I do not know what is.

p354500505-5.jpg

@TRUE LIBERTY is that the dreaded evil eye? :ohmy:

4768270696_00c3999e1d_b.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------
WCz5h.jpg
PaSOKMg.jpg
243fhoq.jpg

0rBUTT7.jpg
dBC5rsb.jpg
q5cY6RB.jpg
mlGgBn9.jpg

GT2TCmt.jpg
zmQy6nG.jpg

yJzV4tU.png

:Blah:------------------------------------------------------------------
lXk5LAz.jpg
tQGH7XS.gif
1-retro-photo.jpg
A_picture_is_worth_a_thousand_words.jpg

nva_flag_hue_vietnam.jpg

Marines holding a North Vietnamese flag following the re-taking of Hue City south of the Perfume River, 1968.------------------------------------------------------------------....how successful has America's recent upsurge of oil & gas production been?

Foden20141204-Frack20141203083901.jpg

bhGa7LE.jpg
AlxqY25.jpg

The_Falling_Man.jpg
holocaust_killers.jpg

Nazi shooting Jewish mother and child Eastern Europe------------------------------------------------------------------
chindpulitzer.jpg
BERLIN-WALL-pan_641537a-29jw5ny.jpg
kevin-carter-vulture.jpg
BattleOfShanghaiBaby.gif

Aftermath of Japanese bombing of Shanghai's South Railway Station. 28 August 1937.------------------------------------------------------------------
20114124.jpg

Bodies of 465 identified victims of the Srebrenica massacre, 2007------------------------------------------------------------------
VNNapalmGirl.jpg

photographer Nick Ut shows Phan Thi Kim Phuc at about nine years of age running naked on a road after being severely burned on her back by a South Vietnamese napalm attack.------------------------------------------------------------------
1944_NormandyLST.jpg

Soldiers of the US First Infantry Division going ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day, 6th June 1944. Photo by Robert F. Sargent.------------------------------------------------------------------
12DpN.jpg

Cambodia - Victims of the Khmer Rouge regime.------------------------------------------------------------------
soccer-balls-kick1.jpg
HillsboroughDisast_1380793c.jpg

Hillsborough, Sheffield, April 15 1989------------------------------------------------------------------
Hue02-vi.jpg

Viet grieving over remains of deceased loved one, victim of NVA/NLF execution of civilians at Hue, Tet 1968------------------------------------------------------------------
disaster.jpg
Titanic-news-boy1.jpg
berlin.guard.jpeg
Child%20Soldiers.jpg
martin-luther-king-assasination.jpg
frame_312.jpg
rosa_parks.jpg

Rosa Parks------------------------------------------------------------------
A-girl-reads-Apollo-11-moon-landing-report-in-The-Washington-Post-July-21-1969.jpg
dsc00043dj.jpg

the reality of war------------------------------------------------------------------
868a765aac0f08fa1873e38ff9df8435_1M.png

British justice in India.1857
Punishment of the rebels.------------------------------------------------------------------
HungaryIronCurtainCut21.jpg

The beginning of the end of the Berlin Wall------------------------------------------------------------------
1384_Veder_300.jpg

March 1973
Ex-POW, Lt Col Robert Stirm returns from Vietnam.------------------------------------------------------------------
funny-pictures-3.jpg
be001034.jpg

Patty Hearst------------------------------------------------------------------
tiananmen-square-1989-tank-man-china-close-up.jpg
rfk.jpg

Robert Kennedy------------------------------------------------------------------
Ali-pastes-Foreman1.jpg
malcolm-browne-thich-quang-duc.jpg
born-run2.jpeg
i-am-a-man.jpg
malay-heads.jpg

massacre of 24 unarmed Malaysian rubber plantation workers by UK troops in 1948------------------------------------------------------------------
bijeljina-massacre-31-march-1992-credit-ron-haviv.png

A member of Arkan's Tigers kicking a dead or wounded bosnian------------------------------------------------------------------
jimi-1.jpg

Jimi Hendrix with his first electric guitar , Seattle, 1957------------------------------------------------------------------
1ori2x.jpg
Father_Michael_Judge_9_11.jpg
images
5122504_f520.jpg

Hitler & Mussolini

Mussolini & wife's execution:
mussolini_execution.bmp
images
Station_fire_at_40_seconds.jpg

"The Station" nightclub at 211 Cowesett Avenue in West Warwick, Rhode Island, on February 20, 2003. Forty seconds before this image was taken, pyrotechnics had ignited sound foam on the stage as the rock group "Great White" has just started their set. Within a few minutes, the entire building was engulfed, 100 people were dead and many more were injured.------------------------------------------------------------------
134857987.jpg
the_end_of_serenity.jpg

The only known picture taken moments after United Airlines Flight 93 crashes in a field in Pennsylvania, September 11, 2001.------------------------------------------------------------------
800px-Toronto_Propane_Explosion.jpg

Toronto, August 10, 2008. Sunrise Propane Facility suddenly explodes in early hours of the morning------------------------------------------------------------------
289bjmv.jpg

Japanese take their bayonets to Chinese in Nanking.------------------------------------------------------------------
execution1939.jpg

The last public guillotine execution in France 1939------------------------------------------------------------------
titanic_iceberg.jpg

The iceberg which sank the Titanic------------------------------------------------------------------
ag504d6631.jpg
michael-jackson-dangling-baby-son.jpg
15gs6si.jpg

'We’ll be home by Christmas’: the departure of the 1st Battalion of the Mid-Kent Volunteers for the front from Royal Tunbridge Wells in 1914.------------------------------------------------------------------
628px-RFK_and_MLK_together.jpg
PD3443865_Will-Cou_2020803b.jpg

Elizabeth Eckford being followed by an angry crowd after being refused admission to Little Rock Central High School on 4th September, 1957.------------------------------------------------------------------
dive.jpg
884908_10151492551861023_1806919537_o.jpg

German communist faces a firing squad.------------------------------------------------------------------
Suffragette-Emily-Davison-001.jpg

Suffragette Emily Davison fighting for women's rights to vote threw herself under the hooves of King George V's horse during the Epsom Derby in June 1913
She died 4 days later from her injuries------------------------------------------------------------------
IsraelTank.jpg
Lennon_and_Chapman.jpg

Lennon giving Chapman his autograph------------------------------------------------------------------
taslima03-4_3_rx513_c680x510.jpg

Two victims of the garment industry - building collapse in Savar, near Dhaka, Bangladesh. 2013------------------------------------------------------------------
Baltic_Way.jpg

The Baltic Way, a peaceful demonstration calling for the independence of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania from Soviet occupation, involving over 2 million people holding hands side by side to cover 420 miles across all three Baltic States.------------------------------------------------------------------
WG96Zui.jpg

London bombings 1940------------------------------------------------------------------
JDO976C.jpg

23 year old Evelyn McHale leapt to her death from an observation deck (83rd floor) of the Empire State Building, May 1, 1947. She landed on a United Nations limousine------------------------------------------------------------------
qfvboyp.jpg
great-smog-england-19521.png

Great Smog, London (1952)------------------------------------------------------------------
jd-porsche.jpg

James Dean with his Porsche - taken on the same day he died.------------------------------------------------------------------
3496b8b73eb85334a8ef59f4ca4d256b.jpg

Market Street, San Francisco after the earthquake, 1906.------------------------------------------------------------------
diOPSgZeZfRRutIcl98pWc46Ytk7unTFRaT78AWA9GXWWqb8T1NAWot2SuRMABVLpoZyJ54KzZRmg1u8FM2o1x0X0pJO8WS_ywdJCIQ5VtoRKbhvYuI

lynching in Indiana in 1930------------------------------------------------------------------
XOxNWGR.jpg

A colourized photo of the boxing match between Ray Campbell and Dick Hyland, 3rd May 1913.------------------------------------------------------------------
G8Gr2OT.jpg

Samurai. ~ 1860 – 1880------------------------------------------------------------------
great-important-historical-photographs-9.jpg

Microsoft staff photo 1978------------------------------------------------------------------
the-bombing-of-dresden-statue-overlooking-city.jpg

The bombing of Dresden.------------------------------------------------------------------
Saigon-hubert-van-es.jpg
postprohibitionwb.jpg

Chicago celebrating the end of prohibition in 1933------------------------------------------------------------------
1FxRC9G.jpg

Annie Edison Taylor (1838-1921), the first person to survive going over Niagara Falls in a barrel in 1901.------------------------------------------------------------------
historical-photos-pt7-lyudmila-pavlichenko-sniper-female-1941.jpg

Liudmyla Mykhailivna Pavlychenko was a Soviet sniper during World War II. Credited with 309 kills, she is regarded as the most successful female sniper in history.------------------------------------------------------------------
afghan3-sfSpan.jpg

The women of Afghanistan in the 1960s

Women of Afghanistan today
bp1.jpg

Dang mike! That was a lot of pictures!

Thanks for sharing, some real great ones there. :)

Santagrave-kidcries.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
25jibud.jpg

1967- USO Christmas, Da-Nang.------------------------------------------------------------------
5niumg.jpg

Titanic departing 1912.

maxresdefault.jpg

Alligator caught in ocean on Isle of Palms, SC

Elisabeth-Lilo-Gloeden-stands-before-judges-on-trial-for-being-involved-in-the-attempt-on-Adolf-Hitlers-life-in-July-1944.-Elisabeth-along-with-her-husband-and-mother-was-convicted-of-hiding-a-fugitive-from-the-July-20-Plo-960x647.jpg

Elisabeth Gloeden on trial for involvement in the July 1944 attempt to assassinate Adolf Hitler. She was on trial with her husband and mother. She was executed by beheading with an axe------------------------------------------------------------------
article-2178140-1430FDD0000005DC-972_634x768.jpg

Need extra space for your baby in your apartment block? get one of these baby cages which allows the baby to crawl outside. Perhaps one of the most reckless inventions of all time, this one is in London 1934.------------------------------------------------------------------
2lu846s.jpg
2wpm0rq.jpg

Chartres, France. August 18 1944.
Robert Capa.------------------------------------------------------------------
erh4q9.jpg

Jewish prisoners at the moment of their liberation from a death train near the Elbe, by Major Clarence L. Benjamin April 13, 1945.------------------------------------------------------------------
k39f0i.jpg

Gordon Parks Department Store, Mobile, Alabama 1956.------------------------------------------------------------------
LahinchPromenadeStormJan32014GEORGEKARBUSFREELANCE_large.jpg

Winter storm, the town of Lahinch in western Ireland------------------------------------------------------------------
Hromadn%C3%A1_poprava_srbsk%C3%A9ho_obyvatelstva.jpg

Austrians executing Serbs WW1------------------------------------------------------------------
LFE-359_Sadat-assassinated.jpg

The assassination of Egyptian President Anwar Sadat by military renegades - 6th October 1981------------------------------------------------------------------
Kiss-of-Life.jpg

(The Kiss Of Life by Rocco Morabito, 1968 Pulitzer Prize.

Jacksonville Journal photographer Rocco Morabito is on his way to photograph a railroad strike when he notices Jacksonville Electric Authority linemen high up on the poles. “I passed these men working and went on to my assignment,” says Morabito. “I took eight pictures at the strike. I thought I’d go back and see if I could rind another picture.”

But when Morabito gets back to the linemen, “I heard screaming. I looked up and I saw this man hanging down. Oh my God. I didn’t know what to do.” The linemen. Randall Champion, is dangling upside down in his safety belt — felled bv 4,160 volts of electricity.

“I took a picture right quick.” says Morabito. “J.D. Thompson (another lineman) was running toward the pole. I went to my car and called an ambulance. I got back to the pole and J.D. was breathing into Champion.” Cradling the stricken lineman in his arms, Thompson rhythmically pushes air into Champion’s lungs. Below. Morabito makes pictures — and prays.

“I backed off. way off until I hit a house and I couldn’t go any farther. I took another picture”, it is a prize-winning photograph, but Morahito’s real concern is the injured lineman. Thompson finally shouts down: “He’s breathing.” Champion survives.)

Champion lived until 2002 and died of heart failure. Thompson is still alive.------------------------------------------------------------------
ub-110-control-room-german-submarine-1918.jpg

Vorsprung Durch Technik: UB-110 control room, German Submarine 1918------------------------------------------------------------------
Family_evicted_by_their_landlord_during_the_Irish_potato_famine.JPG

Family getting evicted from their land, County Clare, 1879------------------------------------------------------------------
1324552121_hawaii-around-1890.png

Japanese sugar cane workers, Hawaii, circa 1890:------------------------------------------------------------------
Miner-Eugene-McPartlan-exiting-mine-in-Arigna-C.-Derek-Speirs.jpg

Arigna coal mines, Co Roscommon, Ireland------------------------------------------------------------------
e16d84cba.jpg

1969, the year the USA stopped the American Falls at Niagra------------------------------------------------------------------
the-battle-of-eccles-hill-a-young-soldier-of-the-irish-republican-army-the-military-wing-of-the-fenian-brotherhood-fb-lies-slain-on-a-roadway-during-the-1870-invasion-of-canada.jpg

The Battle of Eccles Hill 1870 - a young Irish soldier lies dead in a roadway in the aftermath of the Fenian Raid into Canada------------------------------------------------------------------
Bh6NajoIEAA2f7J.jpg
0309b311c5396c44bad3c9396f724a5e.jpg

British soldier Horace Greasley stares down Himmler.

A click historic Himmler and Greasley. In the collective imagination the two had fights with his eyes. In fact Greasley did not have the faintest idea who the man was that he was looking straight into my eyes.

Horace Greasley, who died on February 4, 2010, aged 91, holds a unique record among the prisoners of war of World War II - as many as 200 attempts to escape from prison camps, only to return each time.

The reason for the continuous leakage of Greasley, who set every time his life was in danger was simple: he had a love affair with a German girl from the nearby village, Rosa Rauchbach, which ran risks even further, solely on the ground to help a prisoner of war enemy.------------------------------------------------------------------
Jean-FranccediloisJonvelleWomanRidingScooter1984_zps76f37aee.jpg
414dd8c1e0c76836ef1aefcc068a1634.jpg
477ffda4c2178ecc1d271ef2.jpg

Last public execution in USA 1936, Rainea Bethea executed for murder in Kentucky------------------------------------------------------------------
idoia_nor-640x640x80.jpg

Idoia Lopez Riano - ''La Tigresa''
Received 1500 year sentence in 2003, for 23 murders (assassinations/bombings) during the ETA campaign for Basque independence.------------------------------------------------------------------
article-2607647-1D2D497D00000578-555_964x682.jpg
baluba-warriors-in-the-central-congo-province-of-kasai-train-for-battle-with-homemade-small-arms-on-january-2-1961-faas-said-he-was-not-made-welcome-and-the-balubas-were-in-deadly-earnest.jpg

Baluba warriors 1961.------------------------------------------------------------------
pic4043.jpg
s39_24320627.jpg

The bull may have lost the fight...
but not without giving it is best shot...
maxresdefault.jpg
ceausescu-executie.jpg

The end of the road for the Ceausescu's------------------------------------------------------------------
image.jpg

William Harley and Arthur Davidson, 1914------------------------------------------------------------------
rEz66.jpg

The klan enjoy a day out, Canon City, Colorado 1928------------------------------------------------------------------
JesseJames-500.jpg

Jesse James aged 16 or 17.------------------------------------------------------------------
Billy_the_Kid_corrected.jpg

Billy the Kid------------------------------------------------------------------
irisham69.jpg

Children in Killarney, Ireland 1897.------------------------------------------------------------------
1telephone_zps543f382a.jpg

The first telephone pay station in Los Angeles, at 228 S. Spring Street, 1899. The service was not cheap: that 50¢ per minute call to San Francisco would cost $13.58 per minute in today’s dollars.------------------------------------------------------------------
Body+of+frozen+Soviet+soldier+propped+up+by+Finnish+fighters+to+intimidate+Soviet+troops,+1939.jpg

Dead Russian soldier propped upright by Finnish troops during the Winter War as a warning to other Russian troops------------------------------------------------------------------
in-ireland.jpg
BvxwJJuIcAAabrv.jpg:large

A young woman catches her first breath after escaping as West Germans stare down the East.------------------------------------------------------------------
YjE1MmEwNzljMCMvZ1haNktQSXNacHFrLW1NR19OWDZqZTlhUks4PS85eDk6Njk5eDQ0NS84NDB4NTMwL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy83MjU3Y2NhYmJmZWY4NjlhMTYyMjdlMGRkYjA5ZjA4MjIwZWY5YjI5MWNlZDEzNzYwNWNhNWQzMWJlZDE4YTVhLmpwZw==.jpg
moon_tiny.jpg
scottish-independence.jpg
karni-mata-11-622x415.jpg

India's Karni Mata Rat Temple------------------------------------------------------------------
241nnkh.jpg

Leonard Freed - USA. New York City. 1978. A policewoman plays with local kids in Harlem.------------------------------------------------------------------
Paris,+1924+(by+Henri+Manuel).jpg

Paris 1924------------------------------------------------------------------
_77896845_10238911.jpg

Children playing in Manchester 1965.------------------------------------------------------------------
ypj_zps676a62ba.jpg

Kurdish YPJ fighter fighting ISIS------------------------------------------------------------------
8657540f2a9e6aa1ffc5be6df5d75595_650x.jpg

452655-0468ff34-4a66-11e4-9e77-7409857ba1a2.jpg

a little girl with Ebola symptoms is taken to an ambulance in Freeman Reserve, Liberia------------------------------------------------------------------
1280px-Border_Mexico_USA.jpg

Border between Mexico and the United States.

(That's Mexico on the right!)------------------------------------------------------------------
legs_zps34a305dd.jpg

Women in Chicago being arrested for wearing one piece bathing suits, without covering their legs, 1922.------------------------------------------------------------------
BytlwkDIEAA2DIu.jpg:large
KUWAIT-10001.jpg

Camels in front of burning oil fields, Kuwait, 1991------------------------------------------------------------------
1412611245122_Image_galleryImage_image002_png.JPG

Kurdish mother-of-two Deilar Kanj Khamis, known by the nom de guerre Arin Mirkan, blew herself up at an IS position east of the border town, killing ten jihadists. October 2014.------------------------------------------------------------------
Marina+Ginest%C3%A0+of+the+Juventudes+Comunistas,+aged+17,+overlooking+anarchist+Barcelona+during+the+Spanish+Civil+War+-+21+July+1937.jpg

Marina Ginesta, a 17-year-old communist militant, overlooking Barcelona during the Spanish Civil War, 1936------------------------------------------------------------------
303a7i0.jpg

Golden Gate Bridge 1933.------------------------------------------------------------------
2psnbfa.jpg

1899 automobile in Galway, Ireland------------------------------------------------------------------
Bz5vK3iIUAA_6zU.jpg:large

sorry for posting so many photos folks, it has been a couple of quiet days in the office and I have a bit of a passion for photography.

seasidemike said:
Paris,+1924+(by+Henri+Manuel).jpg

Paris 1924

lmao...

if that was america everyone would be in the water walking around like non-wussies... :p

Loving all the photo's so far! I have merged a few posts so page 2 is very very long! Dial up members beware. :p

Here's one more:

Breathtaking-Picture-Taken-of-Surfer-in-The-Tube.jpg

this is an actual picture i took with my smart phone cruising the back roads... :cool:

995070_812023962175983_229749131270511273_n.jpg

i was out a about yesterday and took a few pictures on my smart phone and i'll try to put them up here soon...

Create an account or login to post a reply

You must be a member in order to post a reply

Create an account

Create an account here on Off Topix. It's quick & easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom